Why TikTok is Great for Influencer Marketing
If you’re wondering if you should invest in TikTok influencer marketing, this article will outline everything you need to know.
Brands we’ve worked with
What Is Lionize?
Lionize helps brands and agencies unlock the full potential of Influencer Marketing. Our A to Z solution manages every aspect of the Influencer Marketing process for you. With our software, you will save time and money while improving results. Our AI powered tech manages the entire partnership lifecycle for you within one easy-to-use platform.
Influencer Marketing. Simplified.
Kickoff the Lionize recruitment process by defining your strategy.
The first step is figuring out what type of Influencers will tell your story best. With Lionize, you’ll find authentic and unique partners that fit your brand. Our proprietary search engine identifies talent from the entire world of social media based on an ideal Influencer profile you’ll create with the help of your Account Manager.
Once your program goes live, Influencers will apply and enter a selection queue available on your dashboard.
At this stage, Lionize becomes a ‘digital match-maker.’ Much like a dating app, you’ll be presented with a list of targeted Creators that fit your parameters and want to work with you. You’ll approve and deny based on who you feel is the best fit. These selection decisions are under your complete control.
As you select your desired partners on a rolling basis, Lionize activates and manages them for you!
Lionize manages the status of each relationship on your behalf through its automated communication and reminder system. No more juggling hundreds of emails back and forth or messy tracking in spreadsheets.
Finally, you can just sit back and enjoy watching your team of Influencers promote your brand. Tracking, reporting, payment, reactivation – Lionize handles it all.
On your Lionize dashboard, you’ll be able to track your top performers and all post activity. We share a wide variety of data and metrics behind each piece of content created by your Influencers including engagement and reach.Want to repurpose these posts for other digital efforts? No problem, we make it easy to export all of your campaign data and UGC.
TikTok is a social media platform on the rise. More people are signing up for the platform and actively using it every day due to its unique features.
The number of highly engaged users on the platform makes TikTok a great choice for influencer marketing campaigns. Influencer marketing on TikTok offers an opportunity for brands to reach their target audience in a unique and engaging way.
If you’re wondering if you should invest in TikTok influencer marketing, this article will outline everything you need to know.
What Is a TikTok Influencer?
A TikTok influencer is someone who has a significant following on TikTok with the ability to influence purchasing decisions. TikTok influencers can have a big impact on consumer behavior, which is why they often see success doing promotions for brands or promoting their own products or services.
How Many Followers Do You Need To Be a TikTok Influencer?
Many people think of influencers as those with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers. However, the term influencer is much broader than that. A TikTok influencer can be anyone with 1,000 followers or more who has a highly engaged audience.
Nano influencers (between 1K-10K followers) and micro influencers (between 10K-100K followers) take up the vast majority of the market. Research has shown that 92.84% of influencers have less than 100,000 followers.
Many brands are beginning to recognize the value micro and nano influencers offer for product promotions. Influencers with lower follower counts tend to have closer relationships with their audiences, leading to higher engagement and audiences that are more likely to follow a call to action.
Does a TikTok Influencer Get Paid?
Recently, TikTok rolled out the TikTok Creator Fund, which was meant to provide a way for qualifying influencers to get paid directly for creating content on the platform. However, there are strict requirements to qualify for the creator fund, and it doesn’t pay much per view. This means it isn’t the best monetization option for most content creators.
While the TikTok Creator Fund might not be the best option, there are still other great ways for TikTok influencers to make money. Common ways for TikTok influencers to get paid are:
- Influencer marketing: Influencer promotions are one of the best ways for TikTok influencers to monetize the content they create. Influencer marketing allows TikTok influencers to introduce their audience to quality products or services from brands they believe in while getting paid at the same time.
- Selling their own products or services: TikTok influencers can also make money by promoting and selling their own products or services. TikTok influencers usually sell merchandise like t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc., but they may also run businesses or offer other products depending on their niche.
- On-app donations: In the TikTok app, creators can add a donation sticker to videos or live streams that allows their followers to donate money to fund creators making content they love. This can help some creators with loyal audience members make some extra money. However, it isn’t the most reliable monetization option.
- Donations on other platforms: Content creators on TikTok will commonly use other platforms like Patreon to get donations from audience members, allowing them to provide added benefits to those who donate while monetizing their content. However, content creators need a loyal fan base to make donations a reliable monetization option.
Overall, one of the best ways for TikTok creators to monetize their content is through influencer marketing. Influencer marketing can provide TikTok influencers with a steady income if they partner with a brand long-term, all while being able to promote brands they believe in to their audience.
TikTok Influencer Rates 2023
The main factor for how much TikTok influencers make from branded promotions will depend on how many followers they have. Typical influencer rates per promoted post by follower count are:
- Nano influencers (1,000-10,000 followers): $25 – $250 per post
- Micro influencers (10,000-100,000 followers): $250 – $2,500 per post
- Macro influencers (100,000-1,000,000 followers): $2,500 – $25,000 per post
- Mega influencers (1,000,000+ followers): $25,000+ per post
While these are the base rates for influencer-promoted posts by follower count, different aspects can affect how much influencers are paid. For example, influencers with high engagement rates or influencers that are in a highly-specific niche may be able to demand higher rates.
The type of payment can also vary for influencer promotions. Some brands may offer influencers a performance-based contract where they make a percentage of sales they can generate from the promoted post. Performance-based contracts help incentivize influencers to make promotions as effective as possible while providing increased earning potential.
What Is TikTok Influencer Marketing?
TikTok influencer marketing involves brands partnering with influencers on TikTok to promote their products or services. TikTok influencer marketing is an excellent way for brands to reach targeted audiences that will benefit from using their products or services in a way that feels more natural than a traditional advertisement.
How to Do Influencer Marketing on TikTok
If you’re just getting started with TikTok influencer marketing, there are some steps you can take to implement it properly. To get started with influencer marketing on TikTok, you should:
- Set goals: Begin by setting goals and knowing what results you want to achieve from a TikTok influencer marketing campaign. Knowing your goals will help you with each of the next steps in the process.
- Do market research: Understanding your target market will help you create effective TikTok influencer campaigns and find audiences that will be interested in your brand.
- Find the right influencers: A big part of making influencer campaigns a success is finding the right influencers to promote your brand. Lionize can help connect you with the right influencers. Our artificial intelligence software can get to know your brand and marketing objectives to identify the best influencers for your needs.
- Create content: Influencer marketing involves collaborating with influencers to create content for promotions. Allowing influencers some creative freedom during this process will help, since they know how to best speak to their audiences.
- Track results: You should track your results from influencer promotions to get an idea of what aspects worked well and which areas you could improve. Lionize’s influencer marketing platform helps with this by tracking detailed data from promotional posts while providing insights into how you can optimize influencer campaigns.
If you take each of these steps, you will be on your way to creating successful influencer marketing campaigns. As an additional resource, Lionize is here to help every step of the way as a TikTok influencer marketing hub.
What Is an Example of Influencer Marketing on TikTok?
An example of influencer marketing on TikTok being used successfully is Kroger’s #TransformUrDorm campaign.
TikTok has a feature called Hashtag Challenge Plus that Kroger used as part of this campaign. Hashtag Challenge Plus allows brands to run a challenge through TikTok, where people can purchase products that are part of the challenge right from the TikTok platform.
For this campaign, Kroger partnered with four TikTok influencers. The influencers made posts on TikTok promoting the #TransformUrDorm challenge that encouraged users to post videos of their dorm room transformations using Kroger products under the hashtag.
The campaign was an overwhelming success. With the help of influencers and user-generated content, they were able to rack up a total of 875 million views under the hashtag.
This campaign was successful because it promoted purchasing Kroger products in a fun and engaging way. People who took part in the challenge felt like they were part of a community and were able to showcase their creativity. This shows why creating challenges or finding other ways to get consumers involved is a great influencer marketing strategy.
Why Is TikTok an Effective Marketing Strategy?
TikTok has been growing in popularity in recent years. The platform currently has over one billion active users, making it an excellent tool for brands in any industry to reach their target audience.
A benefit of marketing on TikTok is that its algorithm functions differently than other social media platforms. One of TikTok’s main features is the For You page, which shows users new content that fits their interests based on other videos they’ve interacted with or accounts they’ve followed.
Since the For You page promotes content discovery in a meaningful way, it provides an excellent opportunity for highly engaging content to get hundreds of thousands or millions of views.
Is TikTok Good for Influencer Marketing?
TikTok is a great choice for influencer marketing. Due to the way the algorithm functions, TikTok influencer campaigns give you the potential to reach millions of people with a single post. TikTok influencer campaigns provide brands with a way to reach their target audience in a way that feels more natural and engaging than traditional advertising.
Why Has TikTok Made Influencer Marketing a Key Part of Its Strategy?
TikTok has made influencer marketing a key part of its strategy with the TikTok Creator Marketplace, which helps brands discover and connect with influencers to collaborate with on marketing promotions.
TikTok has made this an important feature of the platform because influencer marketing is beneficial to everyone involved. It helps TikTok creators monetize their content, brands can promote to relevant audiences, and users can discover new products or services that will be useful to them.
TikTok knows that encouraging meaningful influencer marketing campaigns will only benefit their platform in the long term, since it can create a valuable experience for everyone.
How Lionize Can Help You Utilize Influencer Marketing on TikTok
Lionize can help you utilize TikTok influencer marketing. While the TikTok Creator Marketplace can help you connect with influencers to collaborate with, it does have its limitations. Lionize uses AI software to learn about your business and marketing needs to help you find and connect with influencers that are the exact right match for your brand.
Along with providing detailed influencer matches, Lionize also provides several other features that help make influencer marketing easy. Lionize will help you create effective influencer marketing strategies, provide detailed data about influencer marketing campaigns, and automate parts of the influencer outreach and management process.
You don’t need a lot of experience with TikTok influencer marketing to use Lionize. Our software will help you each step of the way, so you can rest assured that you are making the right decisions with your influencer strategy.
Book a Discovery Call for more information about how Lionize can help you.