Influencer Marketing Examples
New to influencer marketing? Let’s talk about what brands should know about influencer marketing, examples of how to use it, and how to generate content ideas for your own influencer campaigns.
Brands we’ve worked with
What Is Lionize?
Lionize helps brands and agencies unlock the full potential of Influencer Marketing. Our A to Z solution manages every aspect of the Influencer Marketing process for you. With our software, you will save time and money while improving results. Our AI powered tech manages the entire partnership lifecycle for you within one easy-to-use platform.
Influencer Marketing. Simplified.
Kickoff the Lionize recruitment process by defining your strategy.
The first step is figuring out what type of Influencers will tell your story best. With Lionize, you’ll find authentic and unique partners that fit your brand. Our proprietary search engine identifies talent from the entire world of social media based on an ideal Influencer profile you’ll create with the help of your Account Manager.
Once your program goes live, Influencers will apply and enter a selection queue available on your dashboard.
At this stage, Lionize becomes a ‘digital match-maker.’ Much like a dating app, you’ll be presented with a list of targeted Creators that fit your parameters and want to work with you. You’ll approve and deny based on who you feel is the best fit. These selection decisions are under your complete control.
As you select your desired partners on a rolling basis, Lionize activates and manages them for you!
Lionize manages the status of each relationship on your behalf through its automated communication and reminder system. No more juggling hundreds of emails back and forth or messy tracking in spreadsheets.
Finally, you can just sit back and enjoy watching your team of Influencers promote your brand. Tracking, reporting, payment, reactivation – Lionize handles it all.
On your Lionize dashboard, you’ll be able to track your top performers and all post activity. We share a wide variety of data and metrics behind each piece of content created by your Influencers including engagement and reach.Want to repurpose these posts for other digital efforts? No problem, we make it easy to export all of your campaign data and UGC.
Influencer marketing is an excellent way to promote products and services on social media. From Dunkin Donuts, to PlayStation to H&M, brands have been seeing a tremendous ROI from influencer marketing.
However, you may be wondering how to correctly implement influencer marketing campaigns in your own company and what types of influencer promotions work best. This article will outline what you should know about influencer marketing, give examples of how to use it, and explain how to generate content ideas.
What Are Some Influencer Marketing Examples?
Examples of influencer marketing will help you learn how to implement it correctly into your marketing strategy. The next sections will give you information about types of influencers, different types of influencer marketing campaigns, and examples of how influencer marketing can be used.
What Is the Meaning of the Word “Influencer?”
An influencer is someone who can have an impact on other people’s decision-making processes. Influencer marketing involves brands collaborating with social media and other online influencers with a following and an engaged audience. Influencer marketing can affect purchasing decisions and helps companies generate brand awareness from new audiences.
What Kind of Influencers Are There?
Generally, influencers are social media personalities and personal brands with an engaged audience of at least 1,000 or more followers. There are different types of influencers on social media. The four main types of influencers are:
- Nano influencers – between 1,000 to 10,000 followers
- Micro influencers – between 10,000 to 100,000 followers
- Macro influencers – between 100,000 to 1,000,000 followers
- Mega influencers – over 1,000,000 followers (these are often celebrity endorsements)
There are advantages and disadvantages to promoting through different types of influencers. Choosing the right type of influencer will depend on your brand’s needs and marketing objectives.
Smaller audiences from nano and micro influencers often show more brand loyalty and a higher engagement rate, but your promoted content will have limited reach due limited audience. Larger audiences from macro and mega influencers have more reach for generating brand awareness (many get over a million views per post), but these content creators usually don’t have as much of a personal connection with their audience. Because of this, they are not the best choice for niche services and brands.
What Are the Influencer Campaign Types?
There are different types of influencer campaigns you can use to promote products or services. Common influencer campaign types are:
- Brand awareness campaign: An influencer brand awareness campaign is typically focused on reach and developing brand recognition. Generating awareness leads to consumers having the brand name on their minds when making a purchasing decision.
- Lead generation campaign: Lead generation campaigns are designed to find consumers who may be interested in a product or service. Lead generation is typically focused on generating newsletter sign-ups, signing up for a free product demo, or scheduling a call.
- Pre-launch campaign: Pre-launch campaigns can be beneficial for creating hype or interest around a new product launch. This helps create consumer awareness, generate pre orders, or get people ready to purchase ahead of time.
- Promotional campaign: Promotional campaigns are focused on promoting a product or service. Promotional campaigns often involve giving a discount or special offer to increase sales and can be a great way to increase sales volume when implemented correctly.
- Engagement campaign: Influencer marketing can be used to boost brand engagement and increase social media following. Promoting brand engagement is a great way to increase audience size and influence to generate more loyal customers and followers.
Thinking about your company’s goals and objectives will help you decide which influencer campaign is right for your needs.
Examples of Influencer Marketing Campaigns
Here are some examples of effective influencer marketing strategies.
Influencer Marketing Example #1 – Brand Awareness Campaign for a New Soda Brand
Many food brands run awareness campaigns to help shoppers become more familiar with a brand name. This way, the brand name pops out to them when they’re walking down grocery store aisles.
For this example, a company is marketing a new brand of soda that provides great flavor while using all-natural ingredients, making it a healthier alternative to other soda options.
The company would want to first decide on a target market. For this product, they decide that they want to target health-conscious audiences in the fitness, health, and wellness space. The company will then target influencers who are in the health and fitness niches to have them promote the product to generate brand awareness.
Since the company’s goal is brand awareness, they decide that they want to work with macro or mega influencers who have larger audiences and can generate more reach. Once they have an idea of the influencers they want to work with, the company decides that they will use three types of posts for branded promotions:
- Product reviews: The influencer tries the product and talks about the flavor of the soda and their opinion on the health benefits created through all-natural ingredients.
- Sponsored posts: The company decides to collaborate with health-minded influencers through sponsored posts that show the brand’s image and talk about its benefits.
- Product placements: Influencers will integrate the soda and brand logo into their normal content, along with talking about its benefits. Product placements drive brand awareness through consumers consistently hearing the brand name or seeing the logo. It makes advertisements feel more natural, since they are part of regular content.
Finally, the company sets a budget, plans when influencers will post promotional content, and analyzes the results they get through engagement on the posts and brand name mentions.
Influencer Marketing Example #2 – Promotional Campaign for Jewelry Brand
Another example of how influencer marketing could be used is a jewelry brand that wants to promote in-store and online sales of jewelry products.
First, the company decides that they want to target women from high-income households that earn $100,000+ per year. Once they know their target audience, they decide to target upscale fashion models and other fashion influencers on Instagram.
Once the brand chooses influencers they want to work with, they decide to promote jewelry sales by having influencers post pictures, reels, or short videos on Instagram showing how the jewelry goes well with their outfits and promoting a limited-time discount code.
Reels and short video content are becoming increasingly popular. The jewelry brand aims to target this type of content as a big part of its influencer marketing strategy.
Once the campaign is launched, the company can track link clicks, website traffic, and conversions to measure the success of influencer advertisements.
How to Use Social Media Influencers for Marketing?
Now that you’ve seen some examples of how influencer marketing can be used, you may be wondering about the exact steps you should take to set up an influencer marketing strategy. The following list can act as a template or checklist for effectively using social media influencers for marketing.
- Outline your goals: Outline exactly what you want to achieve from influencer marketing and set a timeframe to complete your goals.
- Define your target audience: Define your target audience’s demographics, interests, values, wants, and needs.
- Create a budget: Create a budget for how much you will spend on influencer marketing.
- Choose a type of campaign: Choose from the right type of influencer campaign based on your goals.
- Decide on the social media platform you will use: Pick the social media platform that is right for your brand and the type of promotions you want to do.
- Plan content for your campaign: Plan what types of content you want to create and how you will promote your brand through influencers.
- Find your brand influencers: Find influencers who align with your brand’s ideals and image to promote your products or services.
- Promote your campaign: Begin promoting your campaign through paid influencer advertisements.
- Track your results: Track results as you go to ensure your campaign is a success and that you are optimizing your influencer ad spend.
If you’re looking to start an influencer campaign, Lionize can help you through all of these steps. Our influencer marketing platform helps you connect with the right influencers, provides automation to help manage your campaigns, tracks detailed data from promotions, and provides valuable insights into how you can improve your campaign to achieve the results you want.
What Are Examples of Instagram Content Ideas?
If you’re unsure what to post on Instagram, it can be helpful to have some content ideas. This section will explain the importance of creating a list of content ideas and will provide you with some great content ideas for influencer marketing on Instagram.
What are Content Ideas?
Content ideas help provide inspiration or help you plan your social media marketing strategy. Having a list of content ideas will help you:
- Consistently post new content: Having a list of ideas will help you consistently post new content to your social media pages, which is essential if you want to maintain audience engagement and grow social accounts.
- Create fresh content: Content ideas help you create social media content your audience hasn’t seen before.
- Generate ideas when you don’t know what to post: A list of ideas can provide inspiration and act as a content idea generator when you’re stuck and don’t know what to post.
- Schedule your content: Content ideas can help you create a content schedule, so you always know what types of content you will post each day.
Keeping a running list of content ideas is essential, so you never run out of things to post.
Influencer Marketing Content Ideas for Instagram 2023
If you’re an Instagram influencer or a brand looking to utilize Instagram for influencer marketing, you should have a list of influencer content ideas to make your social media strategy successful. Some influencer marketing content ideas for Instagram are:
- Create a tutorial: Reels or quick video content are a great way to show a tutorial on Instagram. This helps consumers know how to use a product or see how it will benefit their lives.
- Show product in use: Similar to a tutorial, pictures, reels, or videos showing the product in use can help audience members visualize how it could benefit their own lives. This option is great because it can be implemented seamlessly with normal content.
- Reviews: Influencers who use your product or service can provide reviews about how it works and their experience with it. Reviews give a well-rounded overview to audience members from an influencer they trust.
- Contests: Creating a contest that is promoted through influencer marketing is a great way to get audience members involved.
Using these types of content for influencer marketing on Instagram can help keep audience members engaged and interested in what you are promoting.
How Lionize Can Help Your Company Get Started with Influencer Marketing
Lionize is an influencer marketing platform that helps companies connect with the right influencers, easily manage influencer marketing campaigns, and track data from influencer promotions all in one place.
With the rise of micro influencers in almost every niche imaginable, influencer marketing has never been so accessible to small and large companies alike. Working with niche influencers is both cheaper and more impactful, as you will be reaching people who are already in your target audience. There is a reason that influencer marketing now has one of the highest ROIs of any marketing strategy.
Whether you’re new to influencer marketing or have years of experience, Lionize can help each step of the way to set up and optimize the influencer marketing process. Book a free Discovery Call with us today to learn how Lionize can help your company demystify influencer marketing with our influencer search tool.