What Is Social Media Influencer Marketing?
If you’re wondering what social media influencer marketing is or how you can use it to promote your brand, this article will outline what you need to know.
Brands we’ve worked with
What Is Lionize?
Lionize helps brands and agencies unlock the full potential of Influencer Marketing. Our A to Z solution manages every aspect of the Influencer Marketing process for you. With our software, you will save time and money while improving results. Our AI powered tech manages the entire partnership lifecycle for you within one easy-to-use platform.
Influencer Marketing. Simplified.
Kickoff the Lionize recruitment process by defining your strategy.
The first step is figuring out what type of Influencers will tell your story best. With Lionize, you’ll find authentic and unique partners that fit your brand. Our proprietary search engine identifies talent from the entire world of social media based on an ideal Influencer profile you’ll create with the help of your Account Manager.
Once your program goes live, Influencers will apply and enter a selection queue available on your dashboard.
At this stage, Lionize becomes a ‘digital match-maker.’ Much like a dating app, you’ll be presented with a list of targeted Creators that fit your parameters and want to work with you. You’ll approve and deny based on who you feel is the best fit. These selection decisions are under your complete control.
As you select your desired partners on a rolling basis, Lionize activates and manages them for you!
Lionize manages the status of each relationship on your behalf through its automated communication and reminder system. No more juggling hundreds of emails back and forth or messy tracking in spreadsheets.
Finally, you can just sit back and enjoy watching your team of Influencers promote your brand. Tracking, reporting, payment, reactivation – Lionize handles it all.
On your Lionize dashboard, you’ll be able to track your top performers and all post activity. We share a wide variety of data and metrics behind each piece of content created by your Influencers including engagement and reach.Want to repurpose these posts for other digital efforts? No problem, we make it easy to export all of your campaign data and UGC.
Social media influencer marketing is a powerful marketing strategy that helps brands connect with new audiences in a unique way. If you’re wondering what social media influencer marketing is or how you can social media marketing tactics to promote your brand, this article will outline what you need to know.
What Is Social Media Influencer Marketing?
Social media influencer marketing involves companies partnering with influencers to promote branded products or services. Influencer marketing through social media provides a unique and engaging way to connect with consumers.
Social media influencers can often speak to their followers in a more personal way than a company can. The personal feel leads to consumers trusting ads from influencers more than traditional advertisements from a company. Influencer promotions also tend to feel more natural and memorable, which makes them stand out.
How Does Social Media Influence Marketing?
Social media influences marketing by providing a unique way for brands to connect with consumers who will love their products. When done right, influencer marketing benefits everyone involved by increasing product sales for companies, helping influencers get paid for their work, and introducing quality products to consumers who will benefit from them.
Influencer marketing on social media can influence consumer behavior since followers feel connected to influencers and trust their opinions.
How Big Is the Social Media Influencer Market?
Oberlo states that the influencer market was an estimated 16.4 billion dollar industry in 2022. That number is expected to grow exponentially into 2023 and beyond.
The continued growth and popularity of social media platforms and the number of people who follow and engage with their favorite influencers daily have led to the success of influencer marketing. Since social media is a big part of many people’s daily lives, the influencer market is expected to continue rising for years to come.
What Is a Social Media Influencer Strategy?
A social media influencer marketing strategy is how companies plan and optimize their marketing efforts for success. An influencer marketing strategy involves:
- Setting goals for your influencer marketing campaign.
- Defining your target market.
- Finding the right influencers to work with.
- Collaborating with influencers to create promotional content.
- Tracking and optimizing for key influencer marketing metrics.
By following all of these steps of the influencer marketing process, companies will see increased success in their efforts.
Which Social Media Platform Is Best for Influencer Marketing?
There is no single social media platform that is best for influencer marketing. The type of social media you choose to market through will depend on your company, your target market, and the types of content you want to promote.
Instagram is the social media platform most frequently used by businesses for influencer marketing. This is because Instagram influencer marketing is great for creating a wide variety of different types of content.
However, other popular social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok are also great for social media influencer marketing. Using different platforms can also be a great way to target niche audiences with high engagement in your industry.
What Is an Example of Influencer Marketing?
Social media influencer marketing examples can help you learn how to implement influencer marketing into your brand’s promotional campaign correctly. The following example will outline how a company that sells men’s wristwatches could work with influencers to promote its brand.
Example of Influencer Sales Promotion for a Men’s Watch Company
For this example, the men’s watch company is promoting wristwatches targeted towards men between the ages of 20-40, who are looking for stylish but affordable watches. The company’s goal is increased brand awareness among the target demographic.
The company has decided to promote sales through men’s fashion and lifestyle micro and nano influencers (less than 100,000 followers). Marketing through micro and nano influencers is a great way to target niche audiences that are highly engaged with content creators and their posts.
There are many ways this men’s watch company could promote sales through social media. Common ways to boost sales through social media influencer marketing are:
- Offering a discount code to an influencer’s audience.
- Promoting a limited-time sales promotion, such as buy one watch and get one 50% off.
- Product reviews detailing different aspects of the watch and providing a link where followers can go to purchase one.
When targeted toward the right audiences, these types of influencer posts can impact consumer purchasing decisions significantly.
How Can Companies Use Instagram Product Influencers for Marketing?
Product influencers on Instagram provide a powerful way for companies to connect with targeted audiences. Companies can use Instagram influencers for marketing through:
- Promotional posts: Companies can pay Instagram influencers to create promotional posts that showcase branded products. Instagram promotions can be used effectively with a variety of different types of content, including single photo posts, carousel posts, reels, videos, or stories.
- Product placement: This involves companies paying influencers to showcase branded logos or mention the product and brand name within their content. This can help naturally build consumer awareness through continued exposure to the product and brand name.
- Shoutouts: Companies can pay influencers to shout out their company social media pages to drive more brand name mentions, follows, and engagement on company social media pages.
- Contests: Creating a contest promoted through influencers is a great way for companies to encourage the use of their products in an engaging way. This helps get an influencer’s audience to get involved and feel connected with the experience of purchasing a product.
All these types of Instagram influencer promotions can help companies drive more product sales, engagement, and brand awareness.
How Much Do Influencers Charge per Instagram Promotional Post?
Instagram influencer post prices are usually $10 per 1,000 followers for a piece of promotional content. However, prices can fluctuate depending on the influencer and the engagement rates of their audiences. Influencers with highly engaged audiences may be able to negotiate higher prices since their followers are more likely to follow a call to action or make a purchase.
Does Instagram Directly Pay Influencers?
Instagram doesn’t directly pay influencers for creating and posting content on their platform. The best way for Instagram influencers to get paid for their work and monetize the audience they have built is through selling their own products or services or partnering with companies who want to promote to the influencer’s audience. This makes influencer marketing an impactful way for influencers to get paid for their work.
What Is the Role of an Instagram Influencer Agency
An Instagram influencer agency is a marketing agency that helps companies streamline the process of setting up and managing an influencer marketing campaign on Instagram. Working with an agency can be a good idea for companies that have a significant budget, want additional expertise, or want to take work off their plate.
There are different types of Instagram agencies you can hire to manage your influencer marketing campaigns. Common types of agencies include:
- Global influencer agency: A global influencer agency is a larger agency that works with companies and influencers worldwide. Global agencies can be great, since they likely have a streamlined process that is successful for influencer campaigns, but they may lack the personal feel of smaller agencies.
- Regional influencer agency: Regional influencer agencies work with companies and influencers in a specific region, state, or city. Regional agencies can be great for brands that require local marketing to consumers in their specific area, such as those who want to encourage in-store traffic.
- Industry-specific agency: An industry-specific agency will focus on influencer marketing for one industry or niche. Industry-specific agencies are great because they will be experts in marketing for one specific niche and will likely provide a more personal feel when working with them.
The type of agency you should work with will vary depending on your brand, budget, and goals. Taking time to research and talk with different agencies before choosing one is an excellent idea.
How Lionize Can Help with Social Media Influencer Marketing
Lionize can help you get started with social media influencer marketing. Lionize’s social media platform is built to help brands and agencies streamline and manage social media influencer campaigns. Our software will help you find the right influencers for your needs, automate parts of the influencer management process, and organize data about influencer campaigns in a way that is easy to understand. Book a Discovery Call to learn more about how Lionize can help you create an influencer marketing plan for your organization.